SwietY

Default USB->LPT

I' looking for converter from standard USB to LPT maybe can you help me
with it. Which component should I use and maybe schetaticdesign in Protel.

--
-= SwietY =- gg 5213300

Ian Stirling

In sci.electronics.design SwietY wrote:
I' looking for converter from standard USB to LPT maybe can you help me
with it. Which component should I use and maybe schetaticdesign in Protel.

Buy one.
The main component is a all-in-one chip.
You cannot buy this in small quantities for under the cost of a cheap
unit with it in.
Doug Dotson

I've got one that is built into the Centronics type connector and plugs
right
into the back of the printer. Then just plug in a USB cable. Bought it
at Best Buy I think.

Doug
s/v Callista

"SwietY" wrote in message
I' looking for converter from standard USB to LPT maybe can you help me
with it. Which component should I use and maybe schetaticdesign in Protel.

--
-= SwietY =- gg 5213300

Geoff Schultz

"SwietY" wrote in
:

I' looking for converter from standard USB to LPT maybe can you help
me
with it. Which component should I use and maybe schetaticdesign in
Protel.

I have a D-link DSB-P36 that works well.

-- Geoff
SwietY

Osoba Geoff Schultz wykstukala:

I have a D-link DSB-P36 that works well.

I know that I can buy it but I have to make it myself because I have project
to do that converter

--
-= SwietY =- gg 5213300
"mi sie piwo chce pic, mi sie ladnych kobiet chce;

Peter Bennett

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 01:04:45 +0100, "SwietY"
wrote:

Osoba Geoff Schultz wykstukala:

I have a D-link DSB-P36 that works well.

I know that I can buy it but I have to make it myself because I have project
to do that converter

See http://www.ftdichip.com/DS245B.htm for a usb-parallel interface
chip. That company makes a few USB interface products.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
William P.N. Smith

"SwietY" wrote:
I know that I can buy it but I have to make it myself because I have project
to do that converter

Look for the PIC demo/development kit that incorporates USB...

Rich Grise

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 01:04:45 +0100, SwietY wrote:

Osoba Geoff Schultz wykstukala:

I have a D-link DSB-P36 that works well.

I know that I can buy it but I have to make it myself because I have project
to do that converter

Then buy one, reverse engineer it and repackage it. :-)

Give yourself extra credit for snowing the teacher. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich

Wouter van Ooijen

I' looking for converter from standard USB to LPT maybe can you help me
with it. Which component should I use and maybe schetaticdesign in Protel.

http://www.voti.nl/shop/p/IC-FT245BM-SMD.html

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------
http://www.voti.nl
Webshop for PICs and other electronics
http://www.voti.nl/hvu
Teacher electronics and informatics
Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

"SwietY" wrote in message
I' looking for converter from standard USB to LPT maybe can you help

me
with it. Which component should I use and maybe schetaticdesign in

Protel.

Why would you want to make one when you can buy one for a mere pittance?
Try doing a google search for USB parallel converter or port replicator.

And _please_ post to the appropriate newsgroup,
comp.sys.ibm.pc.whatever, maybe periphs or printers.

--
-= SwietY =- gg 5213300