Steve Inglis

Default Is cup size and weight important

The Anemometer cup assembly has flown way from my old Plastimo masthead unit
and I cant get a direct replacement.
If I manage to fix a similar sized alternative will it read wind speed
correctly even if it is a slightly dissimilar cup size and weight ?

Hope you havent read this thinking I'd posted to the wrong NG ...

Gordon Wedman

I think these units basically measure rotational speed and I don't think cup
size would change that. The length of the arms might be important though.
Is there a calibration adjustment for your unit? If so you could install
anything and then adjust the reading to be the same as your neighbours.

"Steve Inglis" wrote in message
The Anemometer cup assembly has flown way from my old Plastimo masthead

unit
and I cant get a direct replacement.
If I manage to fix a similar sized alternative will it read wind speed
correctly even if it is a slightly dissimilar cup size and weight ?

Hope you havent read this thinking I'd posted to the wrong NG ...

jeannette

When I saw the subject line, I have to say, I thought that was spam...

Jeannette

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:45:23 +0100, "Steve Inglis"
wrote:

The Anemometer cup assembly has flown way from my old Plastimo masthead unit
and I cant get a direct replacement.
If I manage to fix a similar sized alternative will it read wind speed
correctly even if it is a slightly dissimilar cup size and weight ?

Hope you havent read this thinking I'd posted to the wrong NG ...

Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html
Ric

"jeannette" wrote in message
When I saw the subject line, I have to say, I thought that was spam...

At first I thought he was talking about the Ryder cup, as it is a remarkably
small cup for a sport in which the yanks participate. Not that they ever win
lol.