Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
anchorlt

Default Re Nav Softwa Purists Among Us!

I smile when I read what the navigation software purists among us
assert and claim.

They don't like Windows? I have been using Windows since it first came
out, in 1995, on my boats' computers and never once had any problem or
failure with that software in any and all of its versions or updates
since. Please do not say again it does not work.

I mentioned a new nav software program in my initial post only to
alert others of its existence. Then along come the purists -- the
cynics, who accuse me of being someone's brother or uncle. Or worse,
anonymous. I have never been anonymous. I am Edward J. Wagner, Ph.D.,
who lives in Lighthouse Point FL 3064. My telephone is 954.785.2470.
"anchorlt" ("anchor light," for the illiterates) is my "handle." But
this information is unnecessary to reasonable, fair- and open-minded
people.

I would suppose that the next we will learn from the purists is that
they have removed their engines and batteries from their boats and
sail out of and into their moorings of docks (docks?) with only
candles and/or kerosene lamps, sleep on unpadded benches, eat only
crackers and warm water or weak tea and do not shave or shower or
change underwear for weeks or months on end. (I once knew a man who
almost fitted that description and I have never before or again met
anyone so unhappy.)

Just curious -- How much sailing in a year do the purists do? I'd bet
damned little.