Keith

Yea, but I won't get any help from Micron. Since I went to XP, they
basically refuse to do anything, saying that the computer wasn't designed
for that. Oh well... By the way, the Win security center IS reporting that
Zonealarm is the firewall. Thanks for helping me figure that out.

--

Keith
__
wrote:

I'm using a Micron Transport ZX, Intel Pentium III @ 701 mhz, 256 meg of
RAM. It's an older computer, but still works pretty nicely with the new
stuff. 20 gigs on the hard drive.

To tell the truth, I'm surprised XP works at all. Not so much for the
performance, but because I didn't think the manufacturer ever released
XP drivers for that system. If I have to guess, and it's only a
guess, I'd say it's a driver problem. You could try wherever you got
the XP drivers to see if there's an update. I'd say to turn the
problem in to Microsoft, but I expect they'd send you back to the
manufacturer. Might be worth a try.
Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/

DiscountMaineSoftware.Com

Works fine with my AMD cpu.

Paul
http://www.discountmarinesoftware.com

"Glen "Wiley" Wilson" wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:29:30 GMT, wrote:

It is not "incompatible with AMD64 processors." A single , rather
uncommon driver that is not part of the XP distribution is known to
have a problem. The vast majority of users that do not have this
driver installed have no problem.

You badly need to go see what MS says about this endless reboot with

AMD64
processor issue.

BB

Or maybe you should. In fact, let's all go. Maybe we can overload
microsoft.com and gain everlasting fame on comp.os.linux.advocacy
and SlashDot.

As I said, one bad driver tracked to a particular hardware DVD
decoder.

As it happens, they've already replaced the recommendation to back off
SP2 with a workaround to disable the bad driver or just turn off DEP.
Either one is easily done in Safe Mode. Same problem, though,
unless you have yet another issue in mind. If so, please post the
Knowledge Base entry you referenced, since it would indeed be
important data.