Bruce in Alaska

Default Rewiring , filters, twisted pairs.

In article c7nSc.30348$Uh.15359@fed1read02,
"Ed Price" wrote:

So how does he reduce excessive atmospheric noise or out-of-band signals?

Ed
wb6wsn

You narrow the IF to eliminate out of band signals, and you use a Noise
Blanker or Noise Gate for excessive atmosphereic noise, but that is not
what the original poster was asking. He was asking about LOCALLY
Generated noise.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Ed Price

"Ed Price" wrote:

So how does he reduce excessive atmospheric noise or out-of-band

signals?

Ed
wb6wsn

You narrow the IF to eliminate out of band signals, and you use a Noise
Blanker or Noise Gate for excessive atmosphereic noise, but that is not
what the original poster was asking. He was asking about LOCALLY
Generated noise.

Bruce in alaska

The part of the post that I quoted, and which you snipped, sounded like a
blanket statement about "all noise." As I'm not adept at reading between the
lines, I was commenting about what I saw.

For out-of-band signals, I usually try to strengthen the rejection of the RF
section first. Sometimes a band-pass filter on the antenna input is easiest.

Ed
wb6wsn