Michael Larkin

Default download map file? For lowrance gps

I am looking to download a New York area map file of the water ways for a
lowrance gps. The file extensions are .usr or .lcm.
Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has one you can email it to me at
Thank you mike

Tom & Susan

Thanks for the info Don, Do you know where I can purchase the map create
software? I am going to see id West Marine or Boaters World carries it in
there store. Thanks Tom
"Don WA5NGP" wrote in message
om...
You guys are outa luck. Lowrance like everyone else uses a
proprietary map format that only works with their maps. its their way
to keep making money. They claim that their memory image compression
software is very good. Only problem is that with flash memory getting
so cheap its irrellevant. I suggest that you post a complaint to the
lowrance support contact suggesting that they support or allow Fugawi
or Ozie map making software to work with their units.

Having said all that, their Mapcreate software is pretty good at least
so far it has been good enough for me although not near as flexible or
user friendly as Fugawi. I make my own maps but have to settle on
not waterproof.

Log a complaint. If enough of us complain maybe they will open up
their proprietary formats.

Good luck
Don WA5NGP