posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Sailboat knotmeter

I'm trying to replace my knotmeter (and depth sounder). I thought the
ST60+ from raymarine would do the trick. But the specs for the speed
transducer say 2-45 Knots. Now I must admit that sometimes I "sail" at
less than 2 Knots.

Does anyone have that unit? How does it behave at low speed?
posted to rec.boats.electronics

On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:07:55 -0400, Marc Auslander
wrote:

I'm trying to replace my knotmeter (and depth sounder). I thought the
ST60+ from raymarine would do the trick. But the specs for the speed
transducer say 2-45 Knots. Now I must admit that sometimes I "sail" at
less than 2 Knots.

Does anyone have that unit? How does it behave at low speed?

I don't know that unit but I've always thought of Raymarine
electronics as being more oriented toward power boats. That said,
many sailboat knotmeters become unreliabe at low speeds also.

Are Ockam and B&G still around? They were the gold standard for
racing electronics at one time.
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Buy a Nexus system.
posted to rec.boats.electronics

On 6/25/2010 6:27 PM, Ringmaster wrote:
Buy a Nexus system.

Nexus is no longer produced.
posted to rec.boats.electronics

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:07:24 -0400, oldguy
wrote:

On 6/25/2010 6:27 PM, Ringmaster wrote:
Buy a Nexus system.

Nexus is no longer produced.

Tho9ught the GPS would give SOG?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

wrote:

On 6/25/2010 6:27 PM, Ringmaster wrote:
Buy a Nexus system.

Nexus is no longer produced.

Nexus is still available, it works well at low speeds. Try pyacht.com and many others.

Cheers
Jim
posted to rec.boats.electronics

On 6/27/2010 10:00 PM, Jim MacK wrote:
Bruce in wrote in
:

wrote:

On 6/25/2010 6:27 PM, Ringmaster wrote:
Buy a Nexus system.
Nexus is no longer produced.

Nexus is still available, it works well at low speeds. Try pyacht.com and many others.

Cheers
Jim

I would be surprised if they have stock that old, but it might be Comnav
NX2.

Sailboat do-over! Capt. Rob ASA 24 January 12th 06 12:55 AM
Cheap and Nasty Knotmeter Lloyd Sumpter General 9 January 23rd 04 08:46 AM
Cheap and Nasty Knotmeter Lloyd Sumpter Electronics 10 January 23rd 04 08:46 AM
Knotmeter Parallax Cruising 8 October 27th 03 06:42 PM