posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Sailboat knotmeter

On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:07:55 -0400, Marc Auslander
wrote:

I'm trying to replace my knotmeter (and depth sounder). I thought the
ST60+ from raymarine would do the trick. But the specs for the speed
transducer say 2-45 Knots. Now I must admit that sometimes I "sail" at
less than 2 Knots.

Does anyone have that unit? How does it behave at low speed?

I don't know that unit but I've always thought of Raymarine
electronics as being more oriented toward power boats. That said,
many sailboat knotmeters become unreliabe at low speeds also.

Are Ockam and B&G still around? They were the gold standard for
racing electronics at one time.