somebody

Default Metric readout on Humminbird Wide View

I just bought a used boat equipped with a Humminbird Wide View but the thing
reads out in metric units (depth in meters). I've read the manual backward &
forward and played with the controls until my finger was black and blue but
for the life of me can't figure out how to get it to read out in feet (hey -
I'm a 40 year old American male - the metric system is a foreign language to
me). I've written to the company but haven't heard back from them yet.
Anybody out there know how to remedy this situation?
Thanx!

Chuck Tribolet

A little Googling indicates that this question has been asked about ten
times. Nobody got an answer that I could find.

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"somebody" wrote in message ...
I just bought a used boat equipped with a Humminbird Wide View but the thing
reads out in metric units (depth in meters). I've read the manual backward &
forward and played with the controls until my finger was black and blue but
for the life of me can't figure out how to get it to read out in feet (hey -
I'm a 40 year old American male - the metric system is a foreign language to
me). I've written to the company but haven't heard back from them yet.
Anybody out there know how to remedy this situation?
Thanx!

BruceM

Might be the European version or something?
I have an older "wide eye" & in "system" there is an option of "units" where
you can set meters/kts or feet/mph.
Also on same page is scroll rate, sonar mode & user level.
BruceM