NT

Default Sailing instrument dials - sunbleached - can be repainted?

Some of my Signet instruments have become sunbleached over the years
(25'ish - would like to get several redone - refaced - repainted -
whatever the term. They're easy to get to - how or where to do this?

No - I don't want new ones because it's easier - thanks.

Rich Hampel

Go to an artist's supply shop and buy some press-on letters/numbers.
Use flat paint to spray the face after you remove the bezel. Let the
paint dry for a week or so then apply the numbers. Reseal, etc.

In article , NT
wrote:

Some of my Signet instruments have become sunbleached over the years
(25'ish - would like to get several redone - refaced - repainted -
whatever the term. They're easy to get to - how or where to do this?

No - I don't want new ones because it's easier - thanks.

Doug Dotson

I'd contact Signet and ask them. I've had Datamarine instrument
reconditioned by the factory and they came back looking like
new for a very fair price. But then in all honesty, if they are
25 years old they may by betond the help of even the
factory.

Doug
s/v Callista

"NT" wrote in message
Some of my Signet instruments have become sunbleached over the years
(25'ish - would like to get several redone - refaced - repainted -
whatever the term. They're easy to get to - how or where to do this?

No - I don't want new ones because it's easier - thanks.

SAIL LOCO

Signet wants an arm and a leg for everything.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"