BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Junk off Topic Posts (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/111300-junk-off-topic-posts.html)

Oliver Fleming November 1st 09 01:16 AM

Junk off Topic Posts

Hello,
It seems time we had a moderator for this group. All these advertising
for rubbish is a waste of time and bandwidth.

I am usually not in favour of regulation, however these advertisments
for junk are getting out of hand.

Any takers or suggestions?

Cheers
Oliver Fleming

Paul[_4_] November 1st 09 11:50 AM

Junk off Topic Posts

Oliver Fleming wrote:
Hello,
It seems time we had a moderator for this group. All these advertising
for rubbish is a waste of time and bandwidth.

I am usually not in favour of regulation, however these advertisments
for junk are getting out of hand.

Any takers or suggestions?

Cheers
Oliver Fleming

Get a better newsserver - don't see most if not ALL of the junk to
which you refer...

Bruce in alaska November 1st 09 06:54 PM

Junk off Topic Posts

In article ,
"Oliver Fleming" wrote:

Hello,
It seems time we had a moderator for this group. All these advertising
for rubbish is a waste of time and bandwidth.

I am usually not in favour of regulation, however these advertisments
for junk are getting out of hand.

Any takers or suggestions?

Cheers
Oliver Fleming

Oliver, You can't have a Moderator on this NewsGroup, by definition...
If you don't like what happens here... just remove yourself to
GoogleGroups.... I am sure you can find a Group, with a Moderator,
there...

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply

den November 18th 09 05:26 AM

Junk off Topic Posts

On Nov 1, 10:54*am, Bruce in alaska wrote:
In article ,
*"Oliver Fleming" wrote:

Hello,
* * It seems time we had a moderator for this group. All these advertising
for rubbish is a waste of time and bandwidth.

* * I am usually not in favour of regulation, however these advertisments
for junk are getting out of hand.

* * Any takers or suggestions?

Cheers
Oliver Fleming

Oliver, You can't have a Moderator on this NewsGroup, by definition...
If you don't like what happens here... just remove yourself to
GoogleGroups.... I am sure you can find a Group, with a Moderator,
there...

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply

Just click on "more options", and "report this message" .The sucker
will disappear,. google will kick them off. Simple process, and that
is what it is there for.
Den

adammathewjones December 1st 09 07:42 AM

I totally agree with this point. I think there should not off topics at all in the Forums.