BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/11123-c-map-chart-not-showing-detail-after-switching-raymarine-displays.html)

C. Sadler March 8th 04 01:13 PM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

Thanks for the response on the Radome. Here's another.
Switched from a RL70RC to a RL80CRC Plus. Moved the Cmap
cartridge over (2002) to the new unit, and I get no chart
information at any zoom level greater than 3 nm. I have put the
chart into another RL70CRC unit at Boat US, and the detail is there.
That unit's OS was 4.09

I noticed that the OS version for the 80 was 2.09 so I
ordered and installed the latest update, bringing it to 4.11
Same problem.

Could it be that the 10.4" display has different chart requirements
than a 7" display? I find that hard to believe, except that the
80 will go down to 1/64th of a mile, where the 70 is either 1/2
or 1/4, I don't remember.

Just checking to see if any Raymarine techs have seen this, and
know exactly what's going on.

I've tried it on both simulated, and real data because of the Radome
issue discussed elsewhere.

TomS March 8th 04 05:12 PM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

Hi there,

It is as easy as:
In the setup, switch plotter mode to OFF

If your chart is covering the area wher you want to zoom in you should set
plotter mode to OFF.

The manuals says:
Plotter Mode enables you to zoom into a smaller area, even when no chart
data
is available for that scale. This allows you use the chartplotter functions
at
large scales even when a chart card is not installed.

Regards, TomS

om...

TomS March 8th 04 05:26 PM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

Hi again,

If I remember correctly it is done like this:

Push the MENU button until you are in chart mode.
Push the CHART SET UP soft key.
With the TRACK PAD scroll down to plotter mode.
Push the OFF soft key.

Now you should be all set to zoom in to 1/4NM

Hope this helps..

R, TomS

"TomS" wrote in message
Hi there,

It is as easy as:
In the setup, switch plotter mode to OFF

If your chart is covering the area wher you want to zoom in you should set
plotter mode to OFF.

The manuals says:
Plotter Mode enables you to zoom into a smaller area, even when no chart
data
is available for that scale. This allows you use the chartplotter

functions
at
large scales even when a chart card is not installed.

Regards, TomS

om...

Gerald Simons March 8th 04 07:13 PM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

You might know this already, but the C-MAP forum is an option to get
answers, they seem to gets answers to questions quickly from what I've
noticed.
http://www.c-map.com/forum/
Regards
Gerald

James McQuade March 8th 04 07:17 PM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

Your message did not indicate the NT+ code number that you are using.
Some Raymarine products may not reconize a C-card with a .00 version.
Versions .01 and above corrected this problem.

Also some Raymarine units will only reconize an NT+ C-card in the top
slot of the unit. Raymarine introduced new software to correct this
issue. I suspect that your symptom may be related to one of these
issues, as you have confirmed that your NT+ C-card operates correctly
in another unit.

J. McQuade
C-MAP/USA

Doug March 8th 04 07:23 PM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

Good comment Tom,
I get this problem in the shop about once a month and during the summer
boating season, it is a common "Monday morning" phone question. Plotter mode
off is the way to go unless a person absolutely needs it on, and remembers
to turn it back off again.
Doug K7ABX
"TomS" wrote in message
Hi there,

It is as easy as:
In the setup, switch plotter mode to OFF

If your chart is covering the area wher you want to zoom in you should set
plotter mode to OFF.

The manuals says:
Plotter Mode enables you to zoom into a smaller area, even when no chart
data
is available for that scale. This allows you use the chartplotter

functions
at
large scales even when a chart card is not installed.

Regards, TomS

om...

C. Sadler March 9th 04 05:11 AM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

(C. Sadler) wrote in message . com...
Thanks for the response on the Radome. Here's another.
Switched from a RL70RC to a RL80CRC Plus. Moved the Cmap
cartridge over (2002) to the new unit, and I get no chart
information at any zoom level greater than 3 nm.

WOW! a newsgroup that stays on topic! cool. Thanks guys. I'll check
all of this as soon as I get near water again. Sorry I didn't have the
chip number in hand. I was hoping it was cockpit error. Sounds like it
might be.

Larry W4CSC March 9th 04 07:15 AM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:23:19 GMT, "Doug"
wrote:

Good comment Tom,
I get this problem in the shop about once a month and during the summer
boating season, it is a common "Monday morning" phone question. Plotter mode
off is the way to go unless a person absolutely needs it on, and remembers
to turn it back off again.
Doug K7ABX

Too bad the idiots that do the EEPROMS don't set Plotter OFF as
DEFAULT.....dammit.

ARE YOU LISTENING RAYMARINE??!!

Larry
S/V Lionheart
RL70CRC Plus

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!

Larry W4CSC March 9th 04 07:17 AM

C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays

If you call Raymarine and talk nice to them, they'll send you an EPROM
upgrade C-Map plug you simply plug into your RL display and turn the
unit on. The unit will suck the program off the plug and upgrade
itself to the latest firmware upgrade with all the stuff they "forgot"
and will have support for new stuff like the Smart Heading Sensor ours
wouldn't read before the upgrade.

They'll charge your credit card if you don't send back the plug to
them so someone else can use it.......Be forewarned.

Bob March 17th 04 08:15 PM

(C. Sadler) wrote in message om...
(C. Sadler) wrote in message . com...
Thanks for the response on the Radome. Here's another.
Switched from a RL70RC to a RL80CRC Plus. Moved the Cmap
cartridge over (2002) to the new unit, and I get no chart
information at any zoom level greater than 3 nm.

WOW! a newsgroup that stays on topic! cool. Thanks guys. I'll check
all of this as soon as I get near water again. Sorry I didn't have the
chip number in hand. I was hoping it was cockpit error. Sounds like it
might be.

Go to the setup menu and turn the plotter mode off, you will then zoom
to the level of the chart