Steve

Default Extending wire leads on Flux gate sensor

I'm installing a Autohelm auto pilot which has a remotely located. The
recommendation is a location that is low and near the center of motion.
However, the cable lead is only 25ft long. That's about 15ft short of what I
will need to reach the ideal area (mid ship).

Since the cable run is inside, I don't have any problem doing a splice and
seal of the cable. I'm just concerned if there might be some degradation of
the signal from the flux sensor..

I'm think, "not a problem" but I would appreciate comments on this..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Earl Haase

The owners manual for my Autohelm Sport Pilot states that you should not
cut the cable from the compass then immediately tells you that you must
reconnect the cable color for color when you reconnect it where you made
the cut. Sounds to me as if there is no real problem so long as you
connect it right and make sure the connections are water tight so they
will not corrode.

I also remember seeing in one of the documents from the company that you
can cut and extend the cable for the remote control without problems also.

Earl