Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Proctor

Default Navico PH-8000 Autopilot

First don't tell me to talk to Simrad as the local distributor doesn't
own up to knowing anything about this autopilot.

I have a Navico PH-8000 power pilot on my 37' Jeanneau Sun Odyssey. The
drive is hydraulic and steering is cable driven. My problem is that the
pilot has become increasingly intermittant over the last several months.
I have a PC-8000 controller in the cockpit and I thought that this might
be flakey so I replaced all the components and now it doesn't seem to
work at all. Does anyone have any schematics for this autopilot that
they might be willing to share. Given the price of a new pilot I would
like to get this one working again but there is a limit to how much agro
I can take;-)

Any help would be welcome.

Regards,
John Proctor
S/V Chagall

--
John VK3JP

Autopilot fails on Raytheon ST5000+ with "No Data" error Donagh Cruising 6 June 12th 04 05:01 PM
Autopilot John Kotsonis Electronics 2 January 24th 04 05:12 PM
Navico & Sinrad Vito Steockli Electronics 2 December 4th 03 02:55 PM
Jet Boat Autopilot Larry Electronics 18 December 3rd 03 08:59 PM