sprokkie

Default ipaq2210, laptop, gps

I have a garmin gps and a laptop, those two are connected true the
serialport on the laptop.
I have a ipaq2210 and want to have the nmea data from the serialport off the
laptop to the ipaq using bluetooth.

does anyone know how to do that ???

i use the laptop for navigation (gpspositionerpro), and for making wayponts,
tracks etc.
the ipaq needs to be a portable nmea repater. (so i can lay at the frontdeck
and call my wife to make a course change )

ascii to ascii dos to dos

greetz
bassie

Wout Beekhuizen

"sprokkie" wrote in message
.nl...
I have a garmin gps and a laptop, those two are connected true the
serialport on the laptop.
I have a ipaq2210 and want to have the nmea data from the serialport off

the
laptop to the ipaq using bluetooth.

does anyone know how to do that ???

i use the laptop for navigation (gpspositionerpro), and for making

wayponts,
tracks etc.
the ipaq needs to be a portable nmea repater. (so i can lay at the

frontdeck
and call my wife to make a course change )

ascii to ascii dos to dos

greetz
bassie

Use a bluetooth-RS232 adapter of www.rovingnetworks.com .
"Bluetooth clients such as Palm and Pocket PC PDA's, laptops and cellphones
can directly connect to blueport via the bluetooth Serial Port Profile
(SPP), creating a virtual com port on the client device"
Connect your RS232-bluetooth adapter to your GPS or NMEA multiplexer or to
the TxD line of your computer COM port and use "passthrough" in your
navigation software to select the NMEA sentences you want in your ipaq. For
instrument connection diagrams via a mux also:
http://brookhouseonline.com/NMEA%20c...20diagrams.htm
As an alternative, go back to the cockpit.
Wout

GPS and Laptop RGrew176 General 8 May 26th 04 05:04 PM
Attach laptop to boat? Stephen Trapani Cruising 19 May 9th 04 10:58 PM
Laptop Accessory Glen \Wiley\ Wilson Electronics 1 December 31st 03 08:03 PM
Laptop with external power switch Dick Locke Cruising 20 November 14th 03 04:57 AM