Dick Locke

Default Ergotron monitor mounting system

Does anyone have experience with the Ergotron FX75 mounting system for
mounting a flat panel display on a bulkhead? Specifically, issues such
as rusting and whether the latch system can withstand a good jolt
without the monitor flying up and out?

Don

On my 32' sailboat I had no appropriate mounting space for a flat TV, so I
installed a 300-series Ergotron articulating arm mounted on a cabin bulkhead
with a 15" LCD TV. Over the last several years there's been no degradation
at all and no problems with the friction joints changing settings. These
things are not cheap, but they seem to be very well designed. I can swing
the display out from a storage location for use and adjust it for viewing
angle, and get it out of the way when not in use. The FX75 looks like a
much simpler design for mounting directly to the wall without articulation,
but I would expect the performance and durability to be every bit as good.
--
Don

"Dick Locke" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with the Ergotron FX75 mounting system for
mounting a flat panel display on a bulkhead? Specifically, issues such
as rusting and whether the latch system can withstand a good jolt
without the monitor flying up and out?

David Milnor

"Dick Locke" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with the Ergotron FX75 mounting system for
mounting a flat panel display on a bulkhead? Specifically, issues such
as rusting and whether the latch system can withstand a good jolt
without the monitor flying up and out?

Don,

I am an account manager for Ergotron. I work with yatch companies, the
Coast Guard and Offshore oil companies. First of all the product is
designed for inside use. Most of the product is either Zinc Coated or
Black Oxide. The FX series is black powder coat paint. Some of the
earlier models were black oxide.

You have one problem though. The FX 75 is designed for Larger LCD and
Plasma Monitors up to 75 lbs. Most LCD TV's have the VESA 75mm or
100mm Mounting.
The FX 75 has 100 x 200mm VESA pattern. I would recommend the FX30
instead. It will hold up to 30 lbs and is easier to use for smaller
appplications
(see link to specs) http://www.ergotron.com/3_products/f...ixed/specs.asp
If you need to know what VESA pattern you have, we have monitor tool
that can give you the specs:
https://store.ergotron.com/mir/default.aspx

If you need help call our customer service and they can get you in
touch with a field rep or they can help you with most general
questions.

Thanks

Dave