Chuck Tribolet

Default External GPS antenna and WAAS?

Here are URLs for calculating how high above the horizon the WAAS birds a

http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/inmar3f3.shtml
http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/inmar3f4.shtml

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"Chuck Tribolet" wrote in message ...
The DirecTV test is wrong because the DirecTV bird is much closer to due south
of the western US than either of the WAAS birds. I dug up the orbital elements
for the WAAS birds and plugged them into a satellite position calculator I had.
It's about 15 degrees.

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"Mark" wrote in message om...
On the west coast, the WAAS birds are only about 15 degrees above

the horizon . . .

If the DirecTV test below is accurate, it's 33.4 degrees @ Portland,
still quite blockable in terrain and urban canyons.