Steve

Default Icom AT-130/E ??

I guess if I'm going to consider bidding on an Icom M710-xx, I need to
understand the variations of their tuners as well..

When I look thru the current specs on the M710, I find the mention of the
companion AT-130/E auto tuner. I'm kinda familiar with the AT-130 since it
has been around for many years.. Just what does the '/E' stand for??

Do I need it, since I already have good working SEA 1612B auto tuner??
Would the Icom control signal be compatable with the SEA tuner??

Opinions welcome ;o)

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

maxlynn

There are better experts than I on the capabilities and idiosyncrasyies of
the Icom 710, but I do know that the "E" stands for "European". However, I
do not know the significance of that upon theoperation of the tuner. And
just having installed a 710 and an AT130 , I remember reading that the 710
will operate with various tuners.

Regarding your other question about dash numbers, Icom's web site states
that the 710 was originally manufactured in two configurations; one for
marine operation only and the second for ham and marine access. This may
be the answer to that question. Apparently there is only one version
presently manufactured, but it is capable of being configured either way.

Max Lynn

news