Freebee

Default Sailmail goes up to $250 per yr on Jan 15/04 - any reasons given by them?

maybe i'll just do the ham thing.
Doug Dotson

As long as you don't need to conduct business via email,
Winlink is a better service anyway.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Freebee" wrote in message
maybe i'll just do the ham thing.

Paul

Last summer, on a sailing cruise from San Francisco to the Hawaiian Islands
and back, I used both Sailmail and Winlink. Well, I *tried* to use Winlink,
but I had so much trouble getting a useable connection that I finally gave
up on it and ended up relying on Sailmail. It seemed to me that Winlink was
so overloaded that it was practically useless. Sailmail let me connect in
reasonably short order, which is an issue on my sailboat since I don't like
burning up excess Amp Hours trying and retrying to connect.

-Paul (wb6cxc, S.V. VALIS)