S/V Tranquility

Default opening inland chart downloads

I am having some problems getting the inland chart files I downloaded from
http://crunch.tec.army.mil/ChartServer/jsp/index.jsp to unzip. The files
seem to download properly, but won't unzip with WindowsXP. The file
extraction wizard quits on the "select location to extract to" page. I have
the fugawi viewer and have used it to view some other files from a different
site which did extract properly. So, has anyone else had success in
extracting these file downloads?

snip
These free charts can be viewed using the free viewer:
http://www.fugawi.com/viewenc/viewenc.html

A full GPS navigation software package, FUGAWI Marine ENC is
available, which supports these charts for $198, see
http://www.fugawi.com/docs/navframe.html
snip

jeannette

I got one and had no problems opening it on windows2000 using PKZip. I
suggest you try a different zip utility than the one packaged with XP.

Jeannette

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:42:17 GMT, "S/V Tranquility"
wrote:

I am having some problems getting the inland chart files I downloaded from
http://crunch.tec.army.mil/ChartServer/jsp/index.jsp to unzip. The files
seem to download properly, but won't unzip with WindowsXP. The file
extraction wizard quits on the "select location to extract to" page. I have
the fugawi viewer and have used it to view some other files from a different
site which did extract properly. So, has anyone else had success in
extracting these file downloads?

snip
These free charts can be viewed using the free viewer:
http://www.fugawi.com/viewenc/viewenc.html

A full GPS navigation software package, FUGAWI Marine ENC is
available, which supports these charts for $198, see
http://www.fugawi.com/docs/navframe.html
snip

Jeannette Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html