MBS

Default DC PM motor supplier?

I am looking for a suppier of DC permanent magnet brush motors in the
100 - 150 watt range at 12V DC. I need as small and light a motor as
possible (and obviously inexpensive). Does anyone know of an existing
commercial application using motors close to this that would serve the
purpose (treadmill, auto wiper, weed wackers, etc.)? If I can find an
existing application, I am pretty sure I can get them cheaper in
quantity (possibly import) than otherwise. I have checked with most of
the conventional motor suppliers and cannot find anything cheaper than
about $100 each.

Thanks for any help or suggestions on this topic!
Bailey--
Jim Woodward

I'd do some brainstorming around automotive applications -- power seats,
maybe. I think wiper motors are smaller than you want (maybe 30-50 watts),
but there are an awful lot of things on a modern car or truck that have
their own motor, and certainly that's where cheap is the watchword.

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
"MBS" wrote in message
om...
I am looking for a suppier of DC permanent magnet brush motors in the
100 - 150 watt range at 12V DC. I need as small and light a motor as
possible (and obviously inexpensive). Does anyone know of an existing
commercial application using motors close to this that would serve the
purpose (treadmill, auto wiper, weed wackers, etc.)? If I can find an
existing application, I am pretty sure I can get them cheaper in
quantity (possibly import) than otherwise. I have checked with most of
the conventional motor suppliers and cannot find anything cheaper than
about $100 each.

Thanks for any help or suggestions on this topic!
Bailey--

Steve

Try Surplus Center..

http://www.surpluscenter.com/electri...tname=electric

I've done some business with them and they have always been reliable and
helpful, if you have a question..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Glenn Ashmore

My thoughts exactly.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

MBS

Thanks for the tips. Actually, change my requirement to about 12V
60-75 W and max efficiency at about 1500 rpm. Don't wiper motors need
to be opened up and modified to be usable (remove the cam etc.)? Also,
how about a source for surplus cordless motors?

Keep em coming!
Bailey--

Ron Thornton

Google for robot stuff. A lot of sources for motors and drive trains
including cordless.

Ron

Larry W4CSC

AHA! Another Robot Wars addict like me.....(c;

I don't care which robot wins as long as we get to see the chick in
the vinyl pants interviewing the losers....

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:45:40 -0500 (EST), (Ron
Thornton) wrote:

Google for robot stuff. A lot of sources for motors and drive trains
including cordless.

Ron

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"