offshoreboat

Default VIGIL SATNAV RX

HELLO FROM BELGIUM.I HAVE A VIGIL SATNAV RX GPS .BUT ONLY THE UNIT SO
NO ANTENNA AND NO CONNECTOR.IS THERE ANNYBODY WHO CAN HELP ME WITH A
USER MANUAL?AND THE WIRING DIAGRAM ON WHERE TO CONNECT THE 12 PINS
PROTRUDING OUT THE BACK OF THE UNIT.THERE MUST BE AN ORIGINAL
CONNECTOR BUT I UNFORTUNATLY DONT HAVE IT
MOST IMPORTANT IS WHERE TO CONNECT 12V - AND + ON TWO OF THOSE PINS.
WOULD LIKE THIS OLD TIMER TO WORK AGAIN.
THANKS
ROLAND
Erik the Bold

Vigil is out of business about 8 years.
They were purchased by B & G (U.K.) which was just purchased by Simrad.
You may want to try them: www.bandg.com/

"offshoreboat" wrote in message
om...
HELLO FROM BELGIUM.I HAVE A VIGIL SATNAV RX GPS .BUT ONLY THE UNIT SO
NO ANTENNA AND NO CONNECTOR.IS THERE ANNYBODY WHO CAN HELP ME WITH A
USER MANUAL?AND THE WIRING DIAGRAM ON WHERE TO CONNECT THE 12 PINS
PROTRUDING OUT THE BACK OF THE UNIT.THERE MUST BE AN ORIGINAL
CONNECTOR BUT I UNFORTUNATLY DONT HAVE IT
MOST IMPORTANT IS WHERE TO CONNECT 12V - AND + ON TWO OF THOSE PINS.
WOULD LIKE THIS OLD TIMER TO WORK AGAIN.
THANKS
ROLAND

Gw

before you worry about that connector I would think that you should
think about how you are going to get enough sats in orbit and keep
them programmed to sent info to that sat nav as the U.S. gov stopped
doing it many years ago. I don't know if the sats are still in orbit
or if they have all been burned up on reentry, perhaps someone else
knows what happened to the sat nav sats.

(offshoreboat) wrote in message . com...
HELLO FROM BELGIUM.I HAVE A VIGIL SATNAV RX GPS .BUT ONLY THE UNIT SO
NO ANTENNA AND NO CONNECTOR.IS THERE ANNYBODY WHO CAN HELP ME WITH A
USER MANUAL?AND THE WIRING DIAGRAM ON WHERE TO CONNECT THE 12 PINS
PROTRUDING OUT THE BACK OF THE UNIT.THERE MUST BE AN ORIGINAL
CONNECTOR BUT I UNFORTUNATLY DONT HAVE IT
MOST IMPORTANT IS WHERE TO CONNECT 12V - AND + ON TWO OF THOSE PINS.
WOULD LIKE THIS OLD TIMER TO WORK AGAIN.
THANKS
ROLAND

Oliver Fleming

Hi,
Sat Nav has been dead for many years now.
You have a box of electronics!
That is all!
You will have to buy a GPS even the old ones still work and
are cheap now.

Sorry to bear bad news.

Cheers
Oliver Fleming