Erik the Bold

Default B & G vhf

Anyone have wiring diagram (especially for the mic cable) for a B & G V2000
VHF radio?
I need to integrate this unit with a PS electronics aircraft style intercom

Any help is appreciated. BTW, I do have the factory manual which is no
help.

Larry W4CSC

I don't see a manual for that on their online manual repository:
http://www.bandg.co.uk/techsupport.htm

go to that webpage and use their email or phone number to contact
them. I've found B&G to have first class tech support that's very
helpful. He'll even look up the hookup for you on the phone, I'm
sure, if you like.

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:14:34 -0500, "Erik the Bold"
wrote:

Anyone have wiring diagram (especially for the mic cable) for a B & G V2000
VHF radio?
I need to integrate this unit with a PS electronics aircraft style intercom

Any help is appreciated. BTW, I do have the factory manual which is no
help.

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Erik the Bold

Larry,

Since B & G is no longer B & G, but Simrad (apparently since Oct 13th) it
may be difficult to deal with anyone there.

B & G, since they no longer manufacture this item, will refer you to B & G
service at Wheelhouse in FL. They are the biggest pain in the a** I've seen
in a long time. AND expensive.

Took them 3 months to get me a microphone. Also, they are ones victimizing
us with cheap F*in connectors to boot.

All I really need is the wire color code for the mic cable. I originally
had a Vigil RT80 in this application, but there is a short in the
transmit/antenna end of the circuitry. Know anyone that repairs the Vigil
???