Doug Dotson

Default Pump RUNNING Indication

In all my years it's always been 2.2K. 2k2 is nice.

Doug

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
Meindert,

That is a new notation for me. Is it a European thing? I like it.
Compact!

Hi Doug,

Might indeed be a European thing. I checked some 'US based' schematics and
indeed, it is never used there. Funny how such common things are 'unusual'
to others :-)

Meindert

Larry W4CSC

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:36:50 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Meindert,

That is a new notation for me. Is it a European thing? I like it.
Compact!

Doug

That's the resistance that's printed on the top of all the surface
mount tiny resistors. You can't see a PERIOD that small....(c;

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?
Meindert Sprang

wrote:

Meindert,

That is a new notation for me. Is it a European thing? I like it.
Compact!

Doug

That's the resistance that's printed on the top of all the surface
mount tiny resistors. You can't see a PERIOD that small....(c;

This notation already existed long before SMD parts came to this planet.
There has been a similar discussion about this in another newsgroup a few
months ago. But the reason for this notation is indeed readability. A period
is just to tiny and they can disappear or appear when a schematic is copied.

Meindert