T.C.

Default Wireless Internet and Wireless Phone with Picture Capabilities at Sea?

I am looking for a means of keeping in touch with friends and family
when I go cruising, on my own sailboat, through the Bahamas and
Caribbean. Is there anyway to have a wireless internet connection
while at sea (not on a luxury cruise liner, but on a private boat)? I
want to be able to send JPGs as well as text.

What about wireless email capabilities of phone systems? What's the
best right now? I know that some phones now have digital cameras to
be able to send pictures. But, do they only send to similar units or
can they be received by computer?

T.C.
NIFFOCBT

Seatel Wavecall 3000 is the best for money value, data and communications. It
uses the globalstar network and works extremely well. Speeds with data
compression of up to 56k. Not bad for $0.99/ minute.

Geoffrey W. Schultz

Unless you've got a large telecom budget I think that you'll find that
SailMail for text e-mail and then the use of Internet cafes to send
messages with photo attachments will work best.

Basically forget about wireless phones if you're going to be transversing
the Caribbean. The phones aren't always compatible and even if they are,
you'll end up with a nightmare of trying to deal with the various phone
companies.

-- Geoff

(T.C.) wrote in news:f3218b80.0309011131.db41945
@posting.google.com: