posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Compass oil.

On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:20:20 GMT, Terry K
wrote:

All oils are carbon-hydrogen-oxygen compounds.

What have you been smoking? Mineral oils are hydrocarbons. If you add
oxygen you get alcohols and ethers. The methanol my race car burns is
made from methane by the addition of oxygen.

Casady
posted to rec.boats.electronics

wrote:

All oils are carbon-hydrogen-oxygen compounds.

What have you been smoking? Mineral oils are hydrocarbons. If you add
oxygen you get alcohols and ethers. The methanol my race car burns is
made from methane by the addition of oxygen.

Casady

Peanut oil, Caster oil, Sunflower oil......

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Richard,
I missed the original post, but be aware that compass fluid is not the same
in all compasses. In point of fact, it's all about specific gravity. It can
be very inexpensive or can run as much as $2,000 a liter depending on the
compass. The fluid used on the Sperry Marine Gyro Compass used on the Alvin
costs $2,000 a liter.
Steve

wrote:

All oils are carbon-hydrogen-oxygen compounds.

What have you been smoking? Mineral oils are hydrocarbons. If you add
oxygen you get alcohols and ethers. The methanol my race car burns is
made from methane by the addition of oxygen.

Casady

posted to rec.boats.electronics

wrote:

All oils are carbon-hydrogen-oxygen compounds.

What have you been smoking? Mineral oils are hydrocarbons. If you add
oxygen you get alcohols and ethers. The methanol my race car burns is
made from methane by the addition of oxygen.

Casady

Peanut oil, Caster oil, Sunflower oil......

Whose post are you replying to?

Casady

compass for S. Hemisphere Evan Gatehouse Cruising 13 February 25th 05 07:06 PM
FS: Danforth Compass in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 October 6th 04 12:31 AM
compass KR Cruising 2 February 24th 04 10:27 PM
compass 0il JAXAshby Boat Building 10 October 11th 03 03:45 AM