Keith

Default Sulfation & pulse technology

They do work, and I've brought back batteries from the dead with them. As
long as the plates haven't been damaged from running dry, you can put it on
the desulphator for a few weeks and it'll act like new.

--

Keith
__
"Larry" wrote in message
It does what it says it does. It blasts surface sulphation from the
plates with pulses of serious current.

But, alas, that's not usually the problem. Battery plates have been
precipitating lead sulphate into their own bilges forever. The
miracle chargers do nothing to RETRIEVE the lead from the hard
sulphates and PUT THEM BACK ON THE PLATES. So, alas, the plates are
still shrinking in size and capacity and still have unrepairable holes
eaten into them if there's too much acid or "local action" from being
made too cheaply.....

You'll be able to draw more current off a clean plate with less
voltage drop.....but the battery will get old just like it always did
when the PbSO4 in solution in the electrolyte forms hard PbSO4 and
your plate sulphate falls into the bottom of the battery, where it
can't be recharged back into lead on the plates again......

It's not a "cure" for a dead battery.....

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:39:02 -0500, Captino
wrote:

I always thought that the way to counteract 12V battery sulfation was to
employ a charger that had "equalization phase" capability. The other
day while browsing on the topic, however, I see there are a bunch of
devices out there using pulse technology to break down the PbS04 bond
and clean the plates. Is this new? Does it work? I don't remember
every hearing about these things before this year.

J Morrin

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.