Bill

Default Raymarine/NAVTEX EMC

One suggestions is make sure all the equipment is bonded together and to the
boats bonding. That should help.

Bill
"Graham Stephen" wrote in
message ...
I have a probblem with my Raymarine installation. It appears to dump RF

all
over the part of the spectrum where the NAVTEX is expecting to pick up its
signals.

The installation appears to have been done as per the instructions with
ferrites in the correct place. The main source of the problem seems to be
the course computer - a 400G. Turned off - no interference. Turned on -
interference. The problem exists even with the plotters and radar off,

and
the fuse powering the SeaTalk bus removed. Powering on the SeaTalk bus
introduces some regular interference, presumably the echosounder pulsing.

I was using a broadcast receiver tuned to 530kHz as my detector as that is
pretty close to the NAVTEX frequency.

With the instruments turned off, I can receive broadcasts from best part

of
a thousand miles away, but with them on I can only receive the station

less
than fifty miles and even then with a fair smattering of asterisks.

It would be nice to be able to receive NAVTEX and use the instruments at

the
same time. Under way perhaps?

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Graham