Edward Bray

Default Furano 1621 Mk2 Radar

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of this radar as I have been offered one and
would like to know if there are any problems associated with them prior
to making a decision.

Regards, Eddie.

S/V Tranquility

Hi Eddie,

I own one of these units that came on my sailboat when I purchased it. It
is installed at the outside helm and I use it more than the inside 24 mile
Furuno open array radar there. The unit has proven itself to me to be a
great little unit. I normally take it inside when not in use, but it has
experienced many rain showers with no side effects. The display is clear
and easy to use (once you read the directions). It automatically clears
wave return echos and has never missed a large target (ship or marker), but
I have missed some small low profile fiberglass vessels like canoes or 12'
skiffs. This is very infrequent though. I think Furuno has upgraded the
unit to a new model number. The last I checked, the unit should not be more
than $1000 new.

Best wishes,
Doug

Bill Andersen

I've had Furuno's 1622 for several months and love it. I think it's a
slightly newer version of the 1621. The 1622 has been replaced by the 1623.
The 1623 lists for over $1400; so did the 1622, but it was on sale (before
being discontinued) for about $1000.
So, if the 1621's free, take it! But don't pay $1000 for it.

ink.net...