Alex Bekesy

Default 1992 Volvo Penta 5.7L starter problem

I have a 1992 Doral Prestancia with twin Volvo Penta 5.7L engines (GM
block). Whenever I start the engine and keep the starter engaged even
a second after the engine has started the engine runs fine but after
shutdown it will not start again for a day or two than miraculously
usually on the second day it will start up ok. This has happened with
both engines more than once.
Anyone else ever have a similar problem or know the cause and possible
cure?

Vito

BruceM wrote:

Does a tap on the solonoid while the starter is activated help? Mercedes
truck same problem & maybe same starter?

....and AFAIK Porsches still come with "starting hammers" for thar
purpose.