posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Alternative depth data

In common with many East coast sailors, I like my echo sounder to show depth
below the keel (mainly interested in whether I can get over this sandbank).
I have a lifting keel and every echo sounder as far as I know, on the market
will not show negative depths. E.G. My draft, keel down is 2.2m at this
point I want my echo sounder to say 0. If I raise my keel so that my draft
is 1.5m I want the echo sounder to say -0.7m. Ok I accept that echo
sounders can't do it so I have bought a Garmin 300c fish finder. which will
handle the situation perfectly..

That is the preamble.

My main instruments are Raymarine ST60, then nmea output goes to a laptop
using either Winchart Neptune software or SOB. What I want to do is suppress
the depth data from the Raymarine instruments (Only the depth, not wind GPS
info etc) and use the NMEA output from the Garmin fishfinder as my depth
data.
Is this possible?

Thanks

Phil

Sea Ray alternative? Marty General 14 June 25th 05 06:42 AM
Can Garmin GPSMAP 276C output depth data? Jonas Lonnroth Electronics 0 December 23rd 04 11:38 PM
Data Marine 3030 Depth Finder John Cotton ASA 0 December 12th 03 02:17 PM
Data Marine Depth Finder John Cotton General 0 December 12th 03 02:13 PM