posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Maptech Marine & Tidal info

Anyone else waiting for the UK 2009 tide update from Maptech Marine
Chart
Navigator ? The info merges with the charts on the PC to give tides at
various tide stations and runs out every 2 years necessitating an
upgrade. This year there is a period of 3 months where the info has
not
been available and still isn't despite, apparently, Maptech Marines
best efforts. This probably boils down to the UKHO and BA being
particulary picky. So my posers a-
+ Anyone else in this situation?
+ Anyone know a good alternative?
+ Anyone know any wheezes to overcome this trading fund partner
monopoly?

Mas Dubh wrote:
Anyone else waiting for the UK 2009 tide update from Maptech Marine
Chart
Navigator ? The info merges with the charts on the PC to give tides at
various tide stations and runs out every 2 years necessitating an
upgrade. This year there is a period of 3 months where the info has
not
been available and still isn't despite, apparently, Maptech Marines
best efforts. This probably boils down to the UKHO and BA being
particulary picky. So my posers a-
+ Anyone else in this situation?
+ Anyone know a good alternative?
+ Anyone know any wheezes to overcome this trading fund partner
monopoly?

When Maptech brought out their new software a couple of years ago, it
was actually software leased from Coastal Explorer. I understand Coastal
Navigator has now dissolved the agreement and Maptech is on their own.
This may have something to do with it. Coastal Navigator has an
updated version out which is great.
Gordon
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Mas Dubh wrote in news:4d5e3329-1c80-46e6-b6ee-
:

Anyone else waiting for the UK 2009 tide update from Maptech Marine
Chart
Navigator ? The info merges with the charts on the PC to give tides at
various tide stations and runs out every 2 years necessitating an
upgrade. This year there is a period of 3 months where the info has
not
been available and still isn't despite, apparently, Maptech Marines
best efforts. This probably boils down to the UKHO and BA being
particulary picky. So my posers a-
+ Anyone else in this situation?
+ Anyone know a good alternative?
+ Anyone know any wheezes to overcome this trading fund partner
monopoly?

I just popped up GTK Tide on my Nokia N800 Linux internet tablet to see
if it had data. I selected UK then England then Dover, because I don't
know where you are. Moonset is 05:08:40 BST Moonrise is 17:27:17 BST.
The next low tide is at 05:30:57 BST this morning, hight tide is about
6.2 meters at 10:34:54 BST followed by a low tide at 17:58:18 BST.

On April 6th, 2050, at Dover, High Tide will be at 04:58:39 BST coming
in at around 5.8m followed by a low tide at 12:11:56 BST. Moonrise is
at 01:22:59 BST and Moonset is at 12:22:31 BST. I hope we're all still
here to check the accuracy of this information!....especially you and
ME!

The graphic says this information comes from someplace called
flaterco.com/pol.htm but I'm not sure what that is. It reads
information from there.

When you pick a location, it puts that location from anywhere on the
planet into a simple picklist so you can retrieve it fast again. Every
tide guage in the USA is available, including the one I can see from my
front yard with field glasses at Magnolia Gardens, Ashley River,
Charleston, SC, USA.

Great little program for the little Linux tablets....There's also a
Linux version for laptops and desktops....all free, of course.

Our tide is about 2 meters....My condolences to UK sailors.....

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Coastal Navigator has an updated version out which is great.

What did they upgrade from the previous version?

Bill Kearney wrote:
Coastal Navigator has an updated version out which is great.

What did the,ersion?

See http://www.rosepointnav.com/CoastalE...r/WhatsNew.htm