Doug Dotson

Default Fuel filter adapter

Several months I tracked down an adapter that will allow spin-on
filtersto be used on my Perkins 4-236. I believe that it came
from an outfit in WA. I have misplaced the info on it. Anyone
know of this item?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

Pete Zimmer

Dear Doug,

I have 2 brand new sets of these that I bought for my Perkins
T6.3544M's. They will not fit on mine, but I would be happy to send
you the pictures and specs for them so you can see if they will work
on yours.
Pete Zimmer
MV Jack Daniels
37 Silverton

.

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message ...
Several months I tracked down an adapter that will allow spin-on
filtersto be used on my Perkins 4-236. I believe that it came
from an outfit in WA. I have misplaced the info on it. Anyone
know of this item?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

Doug Dotson

That would be great Pete!

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

"Pete Zimmer" wrote in message
m...
Dear Doug,

I have 2 brand new sets of these that I bought for my Perkins
T6.3544M's. They will not fit on mine, but I would be happy to send
you the pictures and specs for them so you can see if they will work
on yours.
Pete Zimmer
MV Jack Daniels
37 Silverton

.

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message

Several months I tracked down an adapter that will allow spin-on
filtersto be used on my Perkins 4-236. I believe that it came
from an outfit in WA. I have misplaced the info on it. Anyone
know of this item?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

santacruz

I put one on my 236 when I changed engines last year - ie the side
water tubes were off when I installed it - not a problem to install.
Well, the thing to watch out for is that there is very little
clearance once the tubes are on - you can't get much of a strap type
wrench on the spinoff filter to get it off. I'd say it actually easier
to change the old filter with the 3 o-rings and removable bottom. It
might be easier to catch the diesel in the filter - but just might be
- not proven to me yet. Overall I've spent $50 on things that were
worse investments - but this is not a high ranker on my list anymore
now that I've used it.

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message ...
Several months I tracked down an adapter that will allow spin-on
filtersto be used on my Perkins 4-236. I believe that it came
from an outfit in WA. I have misplaced the info on it. Anyone
know of this item?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

Doug Dotson

Your's must be set up differently than mine. Access to the
fuel filter is pretty clear. Can I convince you to tell me
where you bought the adapter?

Doug
s/v Callista

"santacruz" wrote in message
[...]

santacruz

All the 4-236's I've seen have the same filter on the block - but
maybe your's is different. The filter is directly above the starter
and between the block/head and the water tubes. Anyhow, I bought it
from North Harbor Diesel in Anacortes, WA -
http://www.northharbordiesel.com/

On Fri, 7 May 2004 22:52:46 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Your's must be set up differently than mine. Access to the
fuel filter is pretty clear. Can I convince you to tell me
where you bought the adapter?

Doug
s/v Callista

"santacruz" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Doug Dotson

Ah! That's the company I was in contact with before. Thanks!

My setup is similar to yours, but the tubes don't really get in the
way to the point where I can;t get a filter wrench on the filter.
My real worrt is clearance above the starter motor to drop the
filter down whe changing. I don;t have the Lucas starter, but
the adapter with a Delco (I think).

Doug
s/v Callista

wrote:

Your's must be set up differently than mine. Access to the
fuel filter is pretty clear. Can I convince you to tell me
where you bought the adapter?

Doug
s/v Callista

.. .