Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Schoonmaker

Default Isla Mujeres to Galveston

I'm looking for passage information for a friend who is currently in
Curacao. He plans to start toward the Bay Area in the late fall,
either up the West Coast or to Galveston and the rest of the way by
truck. He has good information on board about all areas except the
passage from Isla Mujeres to Galveston.

If anyone has experience with this route, I'd love to be able to pass
it along. Further, I recall reading about Nigel Calder's shakedown
cruise from Louisiana to Mujeres and back aboard his Pacific Seacraft
40, but I've become completely frustrated trying to lay my hands on
the article. It would have been 1999 or 2000. At the time I subscribed
to Ocean Navigator and Blue Water Sailing and bought the occasional
Sail or Cruising World off the newsstand. Ocean Navigator has a decent
search engine, so I've about ruled that out. The other Web sites are
searchless.

Advice welcome.

David Schoonmaker
Landlocked in Durham, NC