Default R/V Rachel Carson

Looks like Roger and company just pulled into the Solomons, perhaps
right to her slip.

--
Jere Lull

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:38:17 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

Looks like Roger and company just pulled into the Solomons, perhaps
right to her slip.

Solomons Point Marina.

Is that in your neck of the woods?

Yes, we're here and the welcome party is over. The delivery crew has gone
off to sleep ashore and I'm going to sleep alone aboard my latest design for
one last night before flying home tomorrow.

We went down the New Jersey coast in Wednesday's snotty weather. We were
close in but going straight into the swells with the wind and waves abeam.
This morning we bucked straight into 15 - 20 up Deleware Bay. Both times,
the delivery captain who has been on a lot of boats said, "I can't believe
we're keeping up 18 - 20 knots in this stuff and are this comfortable."
That made me fell pretty good, let me tell you.

I'll probably do a we4b site about this trip eventually but, now, off to
bed.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Yes, we're here and the welcome party is over. The delivery crew has gone
off to sleep ashore and I'm going to sleep alone aboard my latest design
for one last night before flying home tomorrow.

We went down the New Jersey coast in Wednesday's snotty weather. We were
close in but going straight into the swells with the wind and waves abeam.
This morning we bucked straight into 15 - 20 up Deleware Bay. Both times,
the delivery captain who has been on a lot of boats said, "I can't believe
we're keeping up 18 - 20 knots in this stuff and are this comfortable."
That made me fell pretty good, let me tell you.

I'll probably do a we4b site about this trip eventually but, now, off to
bed.

--
Roger Long

Congratulations on a job well done Roger. Let's hope she has a long and
useful life.

Roger Long wrote:
Yes, we're here and the welcome party is over. The delivery crew has gone
off to sleep ashore and I'm going to sleep alone aboard my latest design for
one last night before flying home tomorrow.

We went down the New Jersey coast in Wednesday's snotty weather. We were
close in but going straight into the swells with the wind and waves abeam.
This morning we bucked straight into 15 - 20 up Deleware Bay. Both times,
the delivery captain who has been on a lot of boats said, "I can't believe
we're keeping up 18 - 20 knots in this stuff and are this comfortable."
That made me fell pretty good, let me tell you.

I'll probably do a we4b site about this trip eventually but, now, off to
bed.

--
Roger Long

Congrats Roger, and thank you for sharing this trip with us, it's been
fun following you with Spot. You passed within about 40 miles of my place.

Cheers
Martin

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

Yes, we're here and the welcome party is over. The delivery crew has
gone off to sleep ashore and I'm going to sleep alone aboard my latest
design for one last night before flying home tomorrow.

We went down the New Jersey coast in Wednesday's snotty weather. We
were close in but going straight into the swells with the wind and
waves abeam. This morning we bucked straight into 15 - 20 up Deleware
Bay. Both times, the delivery captain who has been on a lot of boats
said, "I can't believe we're keeping up 18 - 20 knots in this stuff
and are this comfortable." That made me fell pretty good, let me tell
you.

I'll probably do a we4b site about this trip eventually but, now, off
to bed.

--
Roger Long

Congratulations, Roger, on a job well done. It was a pleasure cruising
electronically along with you. Please thank the appropriate people who
allowed us all to ride along.

It's too bad your news is tempered with the loss of the sailboat off the
shore with loss of life.

Compliments, too, to all those hard working metal workers, welders,
enginemen and other shipyard workers who never do get the amount of credit
they deserve when they leave the docks on their maiden voyages.

"Roger Long" wrote:

Yes, we're here and the welcome party is over. The delivery crew has gone
off to sleep ashore and I'm going to sleep alone aboard my latest design for
one last night before flying home tomorrow.

We went down the New Jersey coast in Wednesday's snotty weather. We were
close in but going straight into the swells with the wind and waves abeam.
This morning we bucked straight into 15 - 20 up Deleware Bay. Both times,
the delivery captain who has been on a lot of boats said, "I can't believe
we're keeping up 18 - 20 knots in this stuff and are this comfortable."
That made me fell pretty good, let me tell you.

I'll probably do a we4b site about this trip eventually but, now, off to
bed.

I'm just on the other side of the Patuxent from you. If there's anything you
need let me know. I do have a car.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:41:44 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Yes, we're here and the welcome party is over. The delivery crew has gone
off to sleep ashore and I'm going to sleep alone aboard my latest design for
one last night before flying home tomorrow.

We went down the New Jersey coast in Wednesday's snotty weather. We were
close in but going straight into the swells with the wind and waves abeam.
This morning we bucked straight into 15 - 20 up Deleware Bay. Both times,
the delivery captain who has been on a lot of boats said, "I can't believe
we're keeping up 18 - 20 knots in this stuff and are this comfortable."
That made me fell pretty good, let me tell you.

I'll probably do a we4b site about this trip eventually but, now, off to
bed.

Congratulations indeed. It was a lot of fun watching your progress
and seeing you stop at some of our old cruising ports. We were once
docked for the night in Cape May at exactly the same spot, on the same
dock that you were last night.

Hope you got to enjoy the ride down the Hudson River. In good weather
it is one of the hidden gems of the east coast. It looks like you
made a fuel stop at Lincoln Harbor marina in Weehawken, NJ. I had a
view of that marina from my office window for many years and used to
go down there at lunch time on nice days. They have their own little
fuel barge that brings diesel in from somewhere.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 22:28:07 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

Hope you got to enjoy the ride down the Hudson River. In good weather
it is one of the hidden gems of the east coast. ..

Such a pretty view down the river from West Point.
And watch out for the chain when it's o stop the British Navy
raiding.

Brian W

On 2008-10-30 17:54:46 -0400, Wayne.B said:

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:38:17 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

Looks like Roger and company just pulled into the Solomons, perhaps
right to her slip.

Solomons Point Marina.

Is that in your neck of the woods?

Not really. We're about 60 nm north.

--
Jere Lull

Rachel Carson trip update Roger Long Cruising 27 October 28th 08 01:11 AM
Rachel Carson SPOT link Roger Long Cruising 31 October 25th 08 12:36 AM
Johnny Carson dies Tuuuk General 0 January 24th 05 11:08 PM
Good-bye Johnny Carson! Scout ASA 0 January 24th 05 10:34 AM