BoatBanter.com

-   -   Need a new 2-4 hp outboard - must be 2 stroke - what's available outside California (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/9860-need-new-2-4-hp-outboard-must-2-stroke-whats-available-outside-california.html)

Tom April 22nd 04 03:39 PM

Need a new 2-4 hp outboard - must be 2 stroke - what's available outside California

My 4 hp Suzuki isn't worth fixing anymore. I want to buy a new 2-3-4
hp 2 stroke - but CA has banned new 2 strokes - only 4 stroke anymore.
What's available in Oregon or Arizona?

Lew Hodgett April 22nd 04 04:52 PM

"Tom" writes:
My 4 hp Suzuki isn't worth fixing anymore. I want to buy a new 2-3-4
hp 2 stroke - but CA has banned new 2 strokes - only 4 stroke anymore.

They have been banned with good reason.

You evidently do care about pollution.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

D Wrate April 22nd 04 05:54 PM

Need a new 2-4 hp outboard - must be 2 stroke - what's available outside California

If you buy one out of state and use it in CA don't you run the risk of being
fined?

David

S/V Cindino

Tom April 22nd 04 06:35 PM

Need a new 2-4 hp outboard - must be 2 stroke - what's available outside California

One 2 hp outboard that I use occasionally in the ocean is pollution??
You building that big boat in Wilmington and releasing all the
solvents from barrels and tons of resin and paint - now that's
pollution.

Tom April 22nd 04 06:37 PM

Need a new 2-4 hp outboard - must be 2 stroke - what's available outside California

That applies only to certain lakes and reserviors - besides I'm taking
it to MX to replace the one on my boat there.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:54:03 -0700, "D Wrate" dwrate@interbaundotcom
wrote:

If you buy one out of state and use it in CA don't you run the risk of being
fined?

David

S/V Cindino
.. .

Lew Hodgett April 22nd 04 07:04 PM

"Tom" writes:
One 2 hp outboard that I use occasionally in the ocean is pollution??
You building that big boat in Wilmington and releasing all the
solvents from barrels and tons of resin and paint - now that's
pollution.

Yes, we are building a boat in SoCal.

If you didn't have your head squarely where the moon doesn't shine, you
would know that laminating epoxy contains no VOCs.

SCAQMD made a visit ONCE.

Looked at what was being used and left within 5 minutes.

As far as "It's only little old me" argument, tell it to the judge.