Default Origo stove disks

The Origo stove (used) on my boat came with two black plastic disks which
presumably slow down the evaporation of alcohol when the stove is not in
use. One now has a hole burned in it (don't ask). How important are these
disks? The flaps appear to seal farily tight and I'm wondering if I need
them at all, let alone putting them in and taking them out every time I use
the stove. Is there a source for replacements?

--
Roger Long

Found the disks:

http://www.swego.com/stove_parts.htm

I don't know why Google didn't turn them up before.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
The Origo stove (used) on my boat came with two black plastic disks which
presumably slow down the evaporation of alcohol when the stove is not in
use. One now has a hole burned in it (don't ask). How important are
these disks? The flaps appear to seal farily tight and I'm wondering if I
need them at all, let alone putting them in and taking them out every time
I use the stove. Is there a source for replacements?

--
Roger Long

These disks (canister gaskets) are very important!!

Because when the stove is not in use they stop alcohol evaporation.

Without these disks the evaporations takes place very fast above 70F and in
a week during a hot spell you may loose one gallon of alcohol easy.

Like you when my stove was new the black (now blue) plastic disks got
damaged because I was too anxious and did not wait until the container cool
down.

I found that the best think, for 25 years, was to use two ply of aluminum
foil to cover the hole on the fuel canister before placing the main cover
back on when not in use. When I was ready to use the stove I just remove
the aluminum foil. From time to time I would replace the aluminum foil.

Should you want to use the original here the part Number.

Origo Stove Canister Gaskets,
2-pack ORIGO 1010

Denis, Rothesay NB

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Found the disks:

http://www.swego.com/stove_parts.htm

I don't know why Google didn't turn them up before.

--
Roger Long

I was just about to write and then ??

I love my Origo stove..

cng stove super Cruising 1 April 1st 06 09:06 PM
Potbelly stove rebel General 5 December 19th 04 05:22 AM
anybody using an Origo alcohol for heat ? Doug Dotson Cruising 48 December 11th 04 01:04 AM
DIESEL STOVE Reuben Rothstein Cruising 6 August 13th 04 02:59 AM
Princess Stove help Adrienne General 2 October 22nd 03 03:48 PM