Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Saling in fog

I just moved my boat from Douglas Harbour in Grand Lake New Brunswick to St.
Andrews New Brunswick on Passamaquoddy Bay. The entire trip from St. John
Harbour into Passamaquoddy Bay was entirely in the fog with visibility of
less than 1/4 M. I was alone on the boat and averaged 4.3K over 50 M.
This trip is through a busy industrial harbour with a ferry wharf, through
busy fishing grounds and across a another ferry path and through Letite
Passage with is a trecherous passage where my speed increased to 10K over
ground. I was sailing most of the way with power assist in St John Harbour
and through Latite passage. I was very lucky that I left on a falling tide
and caught the rising tide as I passed "The Wolves" I rode the rising tide
right into St Andrews Harbour. Not a bad day's sailing.

Silver K

I´m saling in space Rick Stoll General 2 April 30th 04 08:50 AM
saling in croatia Jura General 0 January 27th 04 10:42 AM