Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Help a Kid Out

Please read the below message. Cute kid - our sailing future.

_________________________

"A fellow sailor on the Cruising Sailor's Bulletin Board has a
daughter, Olivia, who is in an online contest on behalf of her library
and herself. Olivia could sure use votes from fellow sailors (link
below).

Olivia, cruising kid (lived aboard for two years) and voracious
reader, entered a national book review contest. The finalists were
chosen by the sponsoring library, but the actual winner is chosen by
PUBLIC VOTE. If she wins, she gets $1000 in books for her library and
$500 in books for herself. Since her library just lost a massive
amount of funding, she would really like to help them out.

Olivia's video is "YOUR CHICKENS, A KIDS GUIDE" and you can watch it
and vote for it on the link below. Please vote EVERY DAY until
midnight Eastern time Wednesday. She's neck-and-neck with another kid
whose sister already won a previous category: they have their entire
school disctict voting, which Olivia does not have, so she really
needs all the support she can get!

See the video and VOTE here (YOUR CHICKENS By Gail Damerow)

http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php

(Personally, I think the videos should be judged on their merit rather
than on how organized the kids' parents are, but apparently this is
the way its done, so I am trying to help her out!!)

If you would like to pass the link on to any other friends, forums, or
anywhere else you think folks might like to vote, please do so. It's
going to be a very tight race and every vote helps! Thank you so
much!"

Thanks,

Tod