Matt Koch

Default C&C Frigate

Ladies and Gents

Any C&C Frigate owners out there? I very much like the looks of the boat
and the CB is one of the attractions foro sneaking into somee of those
shallow spots.

I'd be interested in and comments on the booat, good or bad, strengths and
problems you;re encountered.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt
PY 26, #129, Mischief

Joe Della Barba

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/

Don White

Matt Koch wrote in message
Ladies and Gents

Any C&C Frigate owners out there? I very much like the looks of the boat
and the CB is one of the attractions foro sneaking into somee of those
shallow spots.

I'd be interested in and comments on the booat, good or bad, strengths and
problems you;re encountered.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt
PY 26, #129, Mischief

There is a 36 footer at our club. A couple of years ago it usually shared
back of the pack in 'B' class with us on Wednesday night races. I see last
year it came in middle of the pack on occasion. my impression...beautiful
boat....not overly fast if you race.

DSK

Don White wrote:
There is a 36 footer at our club. A couple of years ago it usually shared
back of the pack in 'B' class with us on Wednesday night races. I see last
year it came in middle of the pack on occasion. my impression...beautiful
boat....not overly fast if you race.

Do you know what the rating is? IIRC the C&C Frigate rates somewhere
around 200 PHRF... not fast for a 36 footer by modern standards, but
still faster than most crab-crushers.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Don White

DSK wrote in message
.. .
Do you know what the rating is? IIRC the C&C Frigate rates somewhere
around 200 PHRF... not fast for a 36 footer by modern standards, but
still faster than most crab-crushers.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Not sure what system the Squadron uses but White Cloud III has a rating of
107.

Don White

Don White wrote in message

DSK wrote in message
.. .
Do you know what the rating is? IIRC the C&C Frigate rates somewhere
around 200 PHRF... not fast for a 36 footer by modern standards, but
still faster than most crab-crushers.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Not sure what system the Squadron uses but White Cloud III has a rating

of
107.

ooops make that White Cloud II a 36 foot C&C Frigate

Matt Koch

Everyone

Thanks for all your input. Are there any structural issues with these boats
that you are aware of? Delamination in the dechs? CB issues etc?

Thanks again

matt
"Don White" wrote in message

Don White wrote in message

DSK wrote in message
.. .
Do you know what the rating is? IIRC the C&C Frigate rates somewhere
around 200 PHRF... not fast for a 36 footer by modern standards, but
still faster than most crab-crushers.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Not sure what system the Squadron uses but White Cloud III has a rating

of
107.

ooops make that White Cloud II a 36 foot C&C Frigate

Ken Heaton

Comments below:

"Don White" wrote in message

Don White wrote in message

DSK wrote in message
.. .
Do you know what the rating is? IIRC the C&C Frigate rates somewhere
around 200 PHRF... not fast for a 36 footer by modern standards, but
still faster than most crab-crushers.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Not sure what system the Squadron uses but White Cloud III has a rating

of
107.

ooops make that White Cloud II a 36 foot C&C Frigate

I just checked the online NSYA Database.
http://www.nsya.ns.ca/yachts/listYac...rtBy=yachtName

White Cloud II has a PHRF of 172.7 (in Nova Scotia) and an ASPN (Atlantic
Speed Potential Number) of 110

Note: PHRF = 63,000/ASPN - 400
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

Larry Bradley

"Matt Koch" wrote:

Everyone

Thanks for all your input. Are there any structural issues with these boats
that you are aware of? Delamination in the dechs? CB issues etc?

Thanks again

matt

I have the Frigate's baby sister, a 31' Corvette. The boats are from
the same designer (C&C) and builber (Belleville Boat Works). Both are
centerboard boats, and of the same vintage. The Corvette was built
starting around 1967 or so. The early ones had problems with
centerboards in salt water. I have seen some early Corvettes with real
deck problems, and others are fine. The deck is cored, end-grain
balsa, and I think the problems stem more from poor maintenance (poor
bedding of stanchions and other fittings) than any design flaws.

They are not designed as fast boats, but off the wind, they will go.
They have long booms and large mains. In light airs upwind, my
Corvette is no rabbit. She tacks slowly. But hey, I'm a cruiser. And
gentlemen don't sail upwind.

Larry Bradley VE3CRX
Remove "removeme" from my e-mail address for direct mail
Ottawa, Canada

(use the e-mail address above to send directly to me)