njuz

Default J120/X40/GrandSoleil40/Elan40/etc

Hello,

My father and I have been looking into buying a boat. We've sailed pretty
much all our lives. The ideal boat as we imagine it would be a pretty comfy
cruiser/racer. We have intentions of some participation in local regattas.
The range that we're looking at is between 37 and 40 ft and the brands that
we have been researching a j-boats, x-yachts, beneteau (first), elan,
wauquiez, and grand soleil (cantiere del pardo). We are only familiar with
Elan's boats from this whole list. For the rest we have brochures and most
of the info that we were capable of collecting. I would like to hear other
people's opinions and preferences for the list above. I am aware that
x-yachts and grand soleil are the most expensive but is it worth that extra
money? Has anyone sailed a J120? Impressions?

Any comments will be appreciated,

Uros Kalinic