Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bryan Minihan

Default NC Charts Wilmington to New Bern

Anyone know which NOAA charts I need to get for a trip from Wilmington
NC to New Bern NC? I'm moving my boat and haven't sailed down here
enough to really get into purchasing charts (previously lived near
annapolis and we used the ADC chesapeake chartbook exclusively)...

On the same topic...anyone have a general guesstimate of how many days
it would take to sail (motor) from Wilmington to New Bern?
Again...I'm more familiar with the upper chesapeake (that's also where
I learned to sail, not too many years ago).

Also on the same topic...anyone have any advice for such a trip?
Specifically, we're moving our boat (morgan 41 OI) from Baker Marine
to Northwest Creek Marina some time in the next month. I imagine the
ICW is the more peaceful route, but I've heard dredging funding has
dried up down there lately, and I'd like the least surprises along the
way (learning about the boat and all, specially with the size, I'd
like this to be the easiest route possible, if not the fastest =])

Thank you much for any help...

Much appreciated,

Bryan
s/v "Home"