jeannette

Default T-Ball shroud fittings

Hi all,

What do you think of T-ball shroud fittings?. I see a lot of new boats
with these. I am re-rigging and was thinking of replacing the very old
tangs.

Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html
Brian Whatcott

Hmmmm. you think your mast tangs are weak, and you think tball
fittings are strong. You think your 1/4 inch rigging is weak and you
think 9/32 rigging will be strong.

You mentioned the existing rigging is very old.
Is it broken? Is it frayed? Do you have bad user experiences
with it?

I am supposing, that if the answers to the last three questions are
"no, no & no"
you would do quite well to refit with the same style hardware.

Through bolted tangs are rather strong, and rather reliable, in
general. Do you have strength data long-term on t-balls?

Brian Whatcott

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:23:50 GMT, jeannette
wrote:

Hi all,

What do you think of T-ball shroud fittings?. I see a lot of new boats
with these. I am re-rigging and was thinking of replacing the very old
tangs.

Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html

jeannette

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:46:11 GMT, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

Through bolted tangs are rather strong, and rather reliable, in
general. Do you have strength data long-term on t-balls?

Brian Whatcott

No I don't have any info. That's why I was asking. :-)

Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html
Brian Whatcott

I can't find anything wrong with your suggested upgrades,
but I would think that you could replace the old gear with similar and
still do it "Bristol-fashion".

Brian W