Default AIS again

"Larry" wrote in message
http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=folkstone
Wow! Look at the CHANNEL TRAFFIC!

Yes. It is interesting sailing from UK to France, especially at night. You
have to proceed on the assumption that they do not even know you are there.

On May 25, 3:23 pm, Larry wrote:
http://www.panbo.com/archives/cat_ais.html
Panbo has an excellent handle on current AIS tendencies to answer your
question.

[vast swaths of great info clipped]

Larry,

How do you find all this stuff? Picture me genuflecting in your
direction. I'm in awe. And thanks! I've bookmarked the Panbo site.
I had not run across that before. Interesting but saddening in terms
of AIS B.

-- Tom.

" wrote in news:5fd505e1-a5f9-4c8a-
:

Larry,

How do you find all this stuff? Picture me genuflecting in your
direction. I'm in awe. And thanks! I've bookmarked the Panbo site.
I had not run across that before. Interesting but saddening in terms
of AIS B.

-- Tom.

www.google.com

Look no further. If it exists, google will find it.

Keep all queries simple with no extra words like a question.

AIS B FCC approval

something like that. The less unnecessary words, the better. The search
engine also supports searching by strings of letters or phrases. If you
search for:
Icom Marine Radios
you get all websites about marine anything and radio anything by any
manufacturer, ESPECIALLY those websites paying Google big money to SELL
you something. If you enter:
"Icom Marine Radio" or "Icom Marine"
google only returns searches with the string "icom marine" or "Icom
marine" without being so picky about capital letters. I usually string
search all lower case. You can also demand google look for everything
with the + symbol. If you search for:
+Icom +M602 +repair
google will return websites that have all three words, not all the Icom
websites on the planet. There's a tutorial on google to show you how to
do advanced searching to eliminate a lot of the clutter and spam the
search engine is inundated with, daily.

Google is a fascinating place and resource. We used to use
altavista.com, which was a similar massive search engine that's still
alive, I think.

Yahoo works great, too, well.....until Micro$oft gets hold of it....