mcorwin

Default Web site with ICW charts to view?

Hi- does anyone know of a web site where I could view charts of the ICW?
TIA, Michael

What is ICW?

"mcorwin" wrote in message
Hi- does anyone know of a web site where I could view charts of the ICW?
TIA, Michael

Capt Lou

Intracoastal Waterway

"Listen to the live broadcast of 'Nautical Talk Radio' with Captain Lou every
Sunday afternoon from 4 - 5 (Eastern Standard Time) on the web at
www.959watd.com or if you are in Boston or Cape Cod set your radio dial to
95.9FM.

Thank you

Thank you

Larry W4CSC

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:47:10 -0500, "mcorwin"
wrote:

Hi- does anyone know of a web site where I could view charts of the ICW?
TIA, Michael

Surely you jest.......

Just because your taxes paid for the damned charts, cartography that
drew them and all the research that went into them....that doesn't
mean you actually can USE or download them without paying some 3rd
party who's bribed your government for exclusive rights to them......

Dammit all....Someone should hang!

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!

Gould 0738

Surely you jest.......

Just because your taxes paid for the damned charts, cartography that
drew them and all the research that went into them....that doesn't
mean you actually can USE or download them without paying some 3rd
party who's bribed your government for exclusive rights to them......

Dammit all....Someone should hang!

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!

Good news, Larry

NOAA has released electronic charts, free.

Here's the secret handshake:

http://chartmaker.ncd.noaa.gov/mcd/enc/index.htm

These are ENC format charts, and they require a "viewer". A viewer can be
downloaded, free, at www.fugawi.com/viewenc/viewenc.html