Sheldon Haynie

Default Nova Scotia Boat Transport ?

Anyone able to point me to vendor(s) who can move a 40' 20,000 lb yawl from
the PEI side to Fundy sometime in July? I would like to be able to sail
outside to Halifax, up to Newfoundland and back to PEI then hop across to
Fundy to return to USA.

--
Sheldon Haynie
Texas Instruments

Don White

Sheldon Haynie wrote in message
Anyone able to point me to vendor(s) who can move a 40' 20,000 lb yawl

from
the PEI side to Fundy sometime in July? I would like to be able to sail
outside to Halifax, up to Newfoundland and back to PEI then hop across to
Fundy to return to USA.

--
Sheldon Haynie
Texas Instruments
50 Phillipe Cote
Manchester, NH 03101
603 222 8652

I've had no experience moving a large boat over land but here are a few
entries from the local 'yellow pages'

Nova Scotia
ACE Towing Halifax 902 455-1566
Atlantic Boat Company Halifax 902 477-9630
Hometown Enterprises Yarmouth 902 643-2071
Sealand Specialized Carriers near Chester 902 275-1399
from New Brunswick
Saint John Marina Saint John 506 738-8484

If you are looking for advice...try Ocean Yacht Sales Halifax 902 455-5565
They deal in large yachts & must use transport from time to time.

Gerry Wolfe

Last year I sold a 26ft sailboat... new owner had it trucked form
Toronto to Halifax, using Sealand.

I was present when "Penny" was loaded onto the transport. VERY
impressed with the equipment, knowledge and care the operator took.

I looked into using a Toronto-based transport company, and Sealand was
as competitive as any.

rgds, g.

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM
1st boat help Diverguy General 21 November 12th 03 06:40 PM
TRADE speed/ski boat for SUV or ??? (pictures) SALE - TRADE General 0 October 14th 03 02:36 AM
Sailor's tattoo, must be married too long, Wooden Boat Festival Gould 0738 General 2 September 10th 03 06:38 PM