jay

Default 23 Ft. Stingray?

Folks,
Hit the local show today, and found a few nice (seemingly) choices in deck
boats..
After 6 hours of "shopping" between the 21 ft. Four Winns 214, and the 23
ft. 220 DR

The Four Winns had a warranty that can't be touched by others, and was more
comfortable, but the Stingray seemed to be better for chop, (block island,
the vineyard) as it has a nicer, deeper V hull, and the value (mostly in the
price tag) seemed much nicer..

Anyone good with pro's and con's of either of these ? I've read a lot of
things on the news group nostalgia about hull problems with the Stingrays
(of various models) and that kinna scares me....

-j

GiGi

Jay,Ihave a 2002 stingray deck boat that has been giving me problems ever
since i bought it.The boat leans to the starboard side no matter how you
shift the weight.Ihave carried it back 8 times to the dealer and 2 to the
factory with no luck.The porto pottie area gets wet ever time you wash the
boatalso the dry storage aera does too.I have even tried trim tabs with no
luck.The factory says that there is nothing wrong with it.A fter taking it
back to the dealer they found an air void about a ft. long in the transom
and1 in the gunwhale.There no way of knowing how many more there are.If
you are experencing any of these problems please let me know.