Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default new viewfax beta

I just downloaded the new beta of Jim Corenman's free wx viewer
"viewfax". It has a couple of new features that I think are very
cool. First, it can display the precipitation rate. The rain rate
provides very useful and easy to understand insight into the timing,
geometry and, to some extent, vigor of fronts and CZs. You can now
get the rain rate in NGP or GFS girbs from saildocs by adding the RAIN
parameter to your query. Awesome! Also, for folks with some kind of
internet connection (eg. wifi or Iridium) there is a new get data
feature that provides direct download of many useful faxes, sat
pictures, gribs and text products. It looks clean and fast so it
might save on connect time. Just the list of products is useful.
It's wonderful with my clearwire (cellular) modem. Anyway,
http://www.siriuscyber.net/wxfax/ or www.sailmail.com and follow the
download links if you're interested.

-- Tom.

SeaTTY 1.75 beta is published Sergei Podstrigailo Electronics 1 October 5th 07 12:50 AM
Anyone using Photoshop CS3 beta? Harry Krause General 3 March 9th 07 04:10 PM
New beta webshots John Cairns ASA 6 August 14th 06 03:56 AM
20050330 - BETA is over Steve Leyland ASA 28 April 7th 05 12:29 PM