Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default solar-powered Windex light

As you know, I'm seriously considering changing around how I switch on my
nav lights. I was thinking about adding a light for the Windex. While not
the only or even the best method of observing wind at night, it sure is
convenient, especially if I have a lot of other distractions. I have the
ability to wire it with the standard Davis Windex light kit, but it seems
like it would save a lot of hassle to use a small solar-powered light. I'm
thinking something like what people use for garden paths, but obviously
smaller.

Seems to me you wouldn't need much of a bulb (like a low-Amp LED) or
panel/battery to make it work. I don't have to have it run all night - a few
hours would be fine.

I couldn't find anything obvious via a search... still looking though. Has
someone done this? If so, what did you use?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com