Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Injection Limiter adjustment

On Mar 21, 9:53 am, "Roger Long" wrote:
You might try swapping the alternators (and voltage regulators if separate)
from side to side. It could be that the governors are right on the edge of
not being able to cope with the electric loads and there is a difference in
how the alternators are functioning.

That's an interesting thought. Both are controlled by my Ample Power
controller and share the same loads (at least in theory). The port
engine seem quite cheerful with its load (good throttle response, no
smoke, smooth running). The starboard engine loses power but doesn't
smoke or run rough when asked to do the same task. I have had the stb
alternator rebuilt and that didn't change anything.

Just out of curiosity, how many hours on these engines?

1,338.5 port and 1,354.8 stb.

-- Tom.

steering adjustment DeerSkull General 0 August 24th 07 04:23 PM
SeaDoo Jet Boat Carb Adjustment Lew General 4 July 18th 06 06:06 AM
Steering Adjustment. Keith Jefkins General 0 September 22nd 05 02:17 AM
Valve adjustment-Merc Alpha One B. Alexander General 2 May 21st 04 03:51 AM
throttle adjustment tcoop General 7 October 30th 03 02:51 PM